Do you have an interest in learning about Tarot? This ancient system of visual symbols has been used to offer guidance and support to seekers who come to the cards with an open heart and a desire to learn more about themselves and their place in the universe.
Though I will use the traditional Rider Waite Deck due to the picture stories on each card as a basis for instruction, we will look at multiple decks for comparison of interpretation and artwork. Tarot decks have been around since the 13 century; in our current time you’ll find a beautiful array of options as more and more artists try their hand at making decks from Fairy Decks to Cat Decks to Counterculture Tarot of the 60s to Oz-based and Steampunk Decks.
This Tarot overview course affords you the chance to:
- Try hands-on practical ways to study the cards: journaling prompts, shared class time reflection, and sample layouts.
- Discover the Four Elements of Tarot: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water
- Learn about the daily life cards: Disks, Swords, Wands, and Cups as they progress numerically from One to Ten
- Meet the Court Cards: Pages, Knights, Kings, and Queens
- Meet the Major Arcana, or the soul cards: 0 Fool to XXI World Card
- Discover your questions and learn how Tarot can lead to your own answers.
Materials: You will need a blank journal and eventually will need to purchase your own Tarot deck; we will discuss ways to go about choosing a deck in our first session if you do not already have a deck.
Course Structure: You’ll receive a weekly video introduction to the week’s theme and Tarot journaling assignments. Course will be conducted over a combination of email, Zoom, and private discussion forum. Cost for the six-week session is $290; session runs from Monday, April 24, 2017 through Friday, June 2, 2017. Visit my Wheel of Archetypal Selves Facebook page to IM me there for more information.
Testimonials from students who have taken Tania’s Wheel of Archetypal Selves Tarot Writing Courses:
- I’ve taken all of Tania Pryputniewicz‘s Tarot classes (and two of her blogging classes) and her course materials are always stimulating and inspiring. I’ve learned to think about the Tarot in a different way thanks to Tania’s writing exercises. Tania always makes very insightful and helpful comments. It’s a great dialogue—we’ve learned together. I’ve learned so much about the Tarot, and about myself through this class. I think some people might be put off by the idea of working with the Tarot, but Tania connects the cards to life and we’ve had such great conversations about life and love and more as we’ve worked through the major arcana. —Mary C., Pine CO
- As a published poet whose writing has plumbed the depths of the symbolic world underpinning the Tarot, and as an illuminating guide and teacher to their archetypal keys, there are few, if any, other mentors of Tania’s calibre whose call to follow the threads of meaning will carry you to the spaces within where you have long yearned to go. I recently took Tania’s class on the Wheel of Archetypal Selves, and was amazed each week not just at Tania’s deeply intuitive responses to my work, but even more so at the places and levels of inner understanding to which she led me. Tania teaches as if she is transporting her students on a magic carpet through the landscape of the Tarot. I cannot recommend her classes highly enough! —Edith O’Nuallain, Ireland
- Tania Pryputniewicz‘s knowledge of the tarot and writing and combining the two is incredible. The exercises she sends and the feedback are always right on target and she provides additional exercises for certain topics (as they arise). I still re-read some of her feedback for inspiration. —Lynn W., Irving TX
- I loved the materials Tania Pryputniewicz presented and the responses she gave to what I managed to write…I LOVED the materials and the instructor. I will come back to them for some time and they will continue to inspire and inform my writing. —Marsha P., Bala Cynwyd PA
Tania Pryputniewicz has worked with the Tarot for over twenty years. While pursuing her MFA at the Iowa Writers’ Workshop, she read cards for the Vortex Crystal and Gem Store, The Women’s Center, and The Women’s Music Festival in Iowa City and continues to read privately one-on-one for clients. She teaches Tarot Writing and Deck Making courses online and co-blogs with Mary Allen at Tarot for Two. You can visit her on Facebook at Wheel of Archetypal Selves Tarot. She teaches Blogging, Writing, and Poetry Courses for A Room of Her Own Foundation, San Diego Writers, Ink, and privately. Her debut poetry collection, November Butterfly, was published by Saddle Road Press in November of 2014.
Related post on Tania’s background and Tarot lineage:
A Tarot writing exercise for you to use:
For an example of the kind of writing these courses produce, see this post by Marsha Rosenzweig Pincus:
Related Tarot Services:
Interviews with Tarot Deck Makers: